Have you been putting off upgrading your office copier? Frequently, businesses hold on to their outdated office equipment thinking that upgrading is simply not worth the investment. However, when you think about replacing an old copier, you may only be considering the cost of the new equipment; aging copiers have many hidden costs that you may be missing.
Upgrading your office copier for newer technology has the potential to increase your efficiency, improve workflows and data security, reduce waste and save you money.
Here are some areas to consider:
- Lack of Features – Technology is always changing, and copiers continue to add new functionalities. If you have an older model, you may be missing out on the opportunity to improve efficiency and quality, while expanding your capabilities.
- Frequent Repairs – Every time your old copier breaks down, productivity slows or comes to a halt. Although repairing the machine can keep it functioning, it could be costing you more than you realize; it may make more sense to put that money towards the investment in a new machine.
- Loss of Efficiency – Newer models can complete jobs more quickly than their older predecessors and they use less energy.
- No security – Many newer models include security features such as encrypted hard drives, password protection and secure options for faxing and scanning to protect your data and network from cyber attacks.
- Unsupported Mobile Print – Many older systems simply cannot support mobile printing, reducing employee productivity.
Experts estimate that by the time your equipment is 10 years old, you are spending more to keep it operational than you would on a new model. Many recommend replacing equipment every five years to maximize the value, stay on top of important upgrades, and stay competitive.
If you’re unsure about how an upgrade can benefit your business, contact us today!